Fishpond Pump, Oxygen Pump Or Filtration System?

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday, am went to my local fish centre to buy a young Common gold fish and a young Wakin goldfish. In addition, as seen in the image am have three 15 year old beautiful gold fishes such as a Common gold fish, Shubunkin gold fish and a red Comet goldfish.

Here’s the dimensions for my fishpond that’s outside in the garden:

Length: 95cm
Width: 78cm
Depth: 42cm

Furthermore, here’s the volume of the fishpond:

Litres: 311.22
Uk gallons: 68.48

The fishpond pump in the fishpond has stopped working. Therefore, am looking for essential products that’s high quality, energy efficient and quite quiet such as an all in one fishpond pump, oxygen pump or filtration system to maintain a healthy, clean and successful fishpond so the fishes is healthy and live well.

Am think an all in one solution is the best because an all in one pump is better as saves space, is ideal as is easy to clean and is nice as offers pretty water fountain feature. My budget for a high quality all in one fishpond pump is £30-£70. In addition, please suggest a filtration system and oxygen pump as well. My budget for a quality filter and oxygen pump is: £20-£60.

Please offer information for whether a fishpond that has separate, but cheaper £30 oxygen pump and £30 filtration system is better. On the other hand, please offer information for whether a fishpond that has an expensive £60 all in one fish pump is the best.

Thanks

Attachments

• Fishes in fish pond.jpg
    Fishes in fish pond.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 315
Reaction score
Hello,

As you think, the fish tank may look too small for the large beautiful fishes. Although, my garden is fair in size plus has lots of open space, as am live in the nice countryside the upper level is high. Thus, am don’t have flat space to have an nice big fish tank. However, there’s an fairly well level area that’s quite big and is able to be flat so in the future am could have an nice big fish tank. At the moment, as the size is fair the fish tank looks pleasant so the garden is still useable for clothing, eating, sport activities and for friends and family.

Also, have looked online and saw the water in the fishpond has to not have much chloramine or chlorine and the quality of water should be high in order for the fish to be healthy and to live well. Thus, have contacted my local water company for information on the chloramine, chlorine amount and to have a good idea of the water quality. As you fish enthusiasts have good information and use goldfish dechlorinators to maintain quality water, then please recommend a quality goldfish dechlorinator for £5-£10 that’s good value, works quite well, is natural and helps to maintain the best quality water.

Can you offer useful information on quality water and ways to achieve the best quality water? Am will look online further to see valuable information, then make the water quality high so the fishes grow healthy and quite live well.

Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't know what you can get in your area but heard oase is a good brand and energy saving .i my self bought laguna because the energy saving oase aquamax eco ones are not shipped to the U.S. yet .I use a crate with quilt batting in it and run my hose into it .i put the crate in my filter tank

Attachments

• pond 2014 19th 030.JPG
    pond 2014 19th 030.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 279
Reaction score
Don't know what you can get in your area but heard oase is a good brand and energy saving .i my self bought laguna because the energy saving oase aquamax eco ones are not shipped to the U.S. yet .I use a crate with quilt batting in it and run my hose into it .i put the crate in my filter tank

Hello,

Thanks for the filter image and for the OASE Living Water company. So, your filter works by a pipe that floats in the fish tank above or below, then the pipe end is a separate bucket in a crate to take away the impurities. Then, the clean water in the bucket is poured using an hole, pipe, or filter back into the fish pond.

The products such as water pumps and filters suit large ponds much better. Also, as the product quality is high, the typical cost for the products is expensive too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thanks for the filter image and for the OASE Living Water company. So, your filter works by a pipe that floats in the fish tank above or below, then the pipe end is a separate bucket in a crate to take away the impurities. Then, the clean water in the bucket is poured using an hole, pipe, or filter back into the fish pond.

The products such as water pumps and filters suit large ponds much better. Also, as the product quality is high, the typical cost for the products is expensive too.
All ponds must have pumps and filters no matter what the size you dont cut corners on the cost and equipment .
Water Quality is one of the first things we learn in this hobby as without good water we dont have fish and if we do they will be diseased, ill, dying or dead
Any water chloramine declorinator sold in the fish shop will do the job its not specifically for goldfish you can even buy dechlonator filters whch are designd to do the same jonb as the liquid dechlorinator

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hose comes from the pump to the crate and then runs out into the filter tank with lava rock in it .Pics on sissys pond in showcase shows how the parts are .Tank adapter ,white part is a T part and fits nice and tight over tank adapter ,extension on the bottom because I needed it longer but it is still 3 inches off the bottom of the tank .Not the best way I guess but it works .I also have a laguna air pump

Attachments

• pond 20th 2014 013.JPG
    pond 20th 2014 013.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 262
  • pond 20th 2014 024.JPG
    pond 20th 2014 024.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 285
  • pond parts 017.JPG
    pond parts 017.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 248
  • pond parts 015.JPG
    pond parts 015.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 265
  • pond 2013 039.JPG
    pond 2013 039.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 296
  • pond 2013 044.JPG
    pond 2013 044.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 272
  • pond 2013 041.JPG
    pond 2013 041.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 235
Reaction score
All ponds must have pumps and filters no matter what the size you dont cut corners on the cost and equipment .
Water Quality is one of the first things we learn in this hobby as without good water we dont have fish and if we do they will be diseased, ill, dying or dead
Any water chloramine declorinator sold in the fish shop will do the job its not specifically for goldfish you can even buy dechlonator filters whch are designd to do the same jonb as the liquid dechlorinator

Dave

Thanks for the declorinator filter product.

The £60 pump or £30 for pump and filter is sensible money and is able to offer lots of quality water to the fishpond. So, the fishes will receive high water quality. In addition, a fish declorinator seems much better than a declorinator filter as the product is easy to use, better for small fishponds and is good value for money.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hose comes from the pump to the crate and then runs out into the filter tank with lava rock in it .Pics on sissys pond in showcase shows how the parts are .Tank adapter ,white part is a T part and fits nice and tight over tank adapter ,extension on the bottom because I needed it longer but it is still 3 inches off the bottom of the tank .Not the best way I guess but it works .I also have a laguna air pump

Thanks for the pictures to show the way your filter works. Having a pipe that pours water in a bucket to make quality water, then using the filter to move the quality water into the fishpond looks easy and effective. However, the external filter takes up space and better suits large fishponds. Thanks for the information on your working filter as your filter gives a better idea about filters and filtering water in the fishpond for my fishes.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I started with a small 5 gallon filter in my preformed pond like that I just used 1 inch adapters .I did have one that had a 1 gallon but found out that was to small after only 2 days

Reaction score
I started with a small 5 gallon filter in my preformed pond like that I just used 1 inch adapters .I did have one that had a 1 gallon but found out that was to small after only 2 days

The external filter like yours is worth while as in the future am may be able to have much larger fish tank. Thanks for your filter information. As by the fair size fishpond there’s not much space, then an external house filter system isn’t worth while. Even though an external filter offers really good filtration, an internal filter like a submersible filter or an pressurised filter work quite well, is good on cost and saves space too.

Reaction score
In order to make the best product choice, please offer information on important features and specifications to look for in purchasing the all one in pump, filter, oxygen pump or uvc pump. Also, please offer popular fishpond manufactures that sell essential fish products such as a fishpond pump, oxygen pump, filtration system, fish declorinator, fish bacteria and fish food etc.

Furthermore, please offer useful webpages that have valuable information on fishpond maintenance, water quality, choosing the right all in one pump, filter, oxygen pump or uvc pump, organic fish food and fish care practises to offer the best quality care to my goldfish. On the other hand, please simply offer good fish advice staring places such as important fishpond, fishfood and fishcare practice words, or better your own advice and experience and videos.

Moreover, am will look online further to see such quality information, then am will write back for you to see my product choices and on practices about quality goldfish care. So, you’ll be able advise on whether the product or fish care that am choosing is right and works well or offer better products and fish care.

Thanks for your help thus far

Last edited:

Ask a Question