Five shubunkins swimming in a school

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Finally got fish today was going to get three but there was a good deal for five. So they got their acclimation hour and they are now swimming around together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
That is awesome. Is there some blue in some of those? What is the pattern on your liner? Hard to tell but it looks cool!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
The pattern on my liner is the larva casings from some bug. There is a worm like creature inside and my new shubunkins are dining on them without stop. The casing is like dirt so I guess when the worms are all eaten or hatch into some kind of midge, the neat pattern will slowly wear away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
No true blue that I could see but a translucent white that had a blueish cast. I assume they will all change colors as they mature.

I am ready for them to get jiggy and deliver some babies. I realize they are still small but you never know with fish.

Going to start making green spawning mop things tomorrow so I will be ready.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
The casing is like dirt so I guess when the worms are all eaten or hatch into some kind of midge, the neat pattern will slowly wear away.
Well then somebody at the epdm plant better get busy and whip it out as a pattern liner. That’s just pretty damn cool.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those are some very pretty Shubbies and good that you only got those as they will make many more pretty ones w/very cool colored patterns but have patience grandpa cuz this will take awhile :smuggrin:

Ask a Question