JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
While the fifth anniversary of my pond will technically be in April, it's officially made it through five full seasons. It's hard to believe it has already been that long. It's been a lot of fun, and I find myself enjoying it more every year, especially as I've worked to improve the surrounding garden.

First, I thought I'd share some old photos of the previous pond I dug in 2013.
DSCN1702.png

DSCN1793.png

DSCN3058.png

I had a 30 gallon preformed pond for a few years before that, but this one was really what I considered to be a starter pond. I wanted to see if I liked it, and if I could maintain it. Things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped, but after seeing the success of everyone here on the forum, I had confidence that I could manage a larger pond.

The following year, I was ready to go bigger. I removed and replaced it with my current 800 gallon pond. I had a few issues early on. Some of you may remember the winter of doom, where I lost most of my fish (it still stings every time I see photos of the awesome blue fish I used to have). Since then, things have gone pretty well, and hopefully will continue to for many years to come.

Here's a slideshow I created with some of my favorite photos from every year, starting with some photos of the construction process in April of 2014. I hope you all enjoy the look back at each year. You can also see how my photography has improved over the years. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I so enjoyed your slideshow @JBtheExplorer! It was put together so well, and I love your pond and garden. I especially liked all your lilies, and the frog picture with the clear reflection of you in its eye as you took the picture. So kool! Thanks for sharing this!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just beautiful! And what fun to see the progress of your pond over the years. It's amazing what can happen over the course of a few months here in our climate, isn't it?

Great job @JBtheExplorer - thanks for sharing!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I so enjoyed your slideshow @JBtheExplorer! It was put together so well, and I love your pond and garden. I especially liked all your lilies, and the frog picture with the clear reflection of you in its eye as you took the picture. So kool! Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks! I've taken hundreds of frog photos over the years, and that one is definitely my favorite!

Ask a Question