Fixing a crack

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep I looked at those, kinda pricey and not planning on taking any fish/frogs/turtles out of pond. Any major repairs, Fish and Game has to be notified. I may use something that's injected in the crack.

What's this about fish and game need to be notified ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because I raise Chiricahua Leopard frogs and there protected in Arizona. I can't remove or handle Leopard frogs without state approval.
[QUOTE="Tombstone, post: 422607,

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because I raise Chiricahua Leopard frogs and there protected in Arizona. I can't remove or handle Leopard frogs without state approval.

ok so how exactly do you raise them if you can’t handle them?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It only matters if I drain the pond and they have to be moved.
dont forget they do have non toxic epoxy. they often use this for placing coral on the side of outcrops. but it will be pricey for a 10 foot long crack .
unless fish and game Pat's you I dontg see why they would have any say. but drain and place the frogs in a kiddie pool sounds too easy. yes temps may drop in az it should be easy enough to deal with.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
90 % of the time the only reason you need to check with the state is so they can protect there job

Reaction score
Country
United States
In a cement 24,000 gallon lined pond. The crack is about 10 feet long and a 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide.

Just a thought, I used to repair swimming pools (concrete, liner, and fiberglass). An easy way to see if the crack is leaking, take a syringe with food coloring, release small amounts close to the crack, if it sucks it in, it’s leaking. I would use a 2 part Atlas pool putty. You don’t even have to drain it. Its not permanent, but it should last 3-7 years. You could clean the crack out with a cheap die grinder, then apply the putty in “worm like” sections, 10”-12” each and smooth it out. The best part is, it sets underwater and easy to use.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a system for cracks in concrete ponds. It's inexpensive and some times it works. Can of waterfall foam, clean the crack, I use a pressure washer, shoot foam in it, let cure, refill, do not trim. I use it on situations that would be too costly to the homeowner to repair any other way. This is an unwarranted repair with a 75% success rate. as for me, i won't have a concrete pond, Texas ground moves around too much

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I figured out why it cracks along that line there is a falt line that runs through my land. It pulls my water pipe apart about once every two or three years

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hmmm, if you have a fault line there, could you use a liner? It would require draining, moving frogs, fish, etc, and subsequent notice to fish/ game, then install a good liner. It would shift over time if the fault is active, but it would hold the water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm, if you have a fault line there, could you use a liner? It would require draining, moving frogs, fish, etc, and subsequent notice to fish/ game, then install a good liner. It would shift over time if the fault is active, but it would hold the water.
I have a full liner under everything and it's finally working, my water line is about as high as it can go. The water coming in is almost turned off, just enough for the birds to drink. I think the pond much sealed the cracks

Ask a Question