flashing

Reaction score
2 of the koi i got last week a 13inch femail and a 10 inch mail are bolth flashing today when i got home or at lest that is what i think it is called they turn to there side and swim for a second like that then go back to normal i have seen on here somewere something on it but cant find it any help on what the couses are

thanks for any help

Reaction score
waer temp 71 on top 70 at the bottom
PH is 6.5
N2-0
N3-0
GH 180 maxed on my test kit
KH 240 maxed onmy test kit

my test kit is pond care 5 in 1 test kit

Reaction score
i really don't know what GH and KH should be but if it maxed out your test. i would say its to high. try a 35% or so water change but test the water before you put it in to see what that is.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
flashing is a fishes way of scratching themselves. the occasional once or twice is not naccessarily a cause for concern, but more often than that or multiple fish flashing very well could be...parasites under the scales is a problem and one that can spread and lead to serious health issues.

Reaction score
i did an about a 15 % water change and they seem to be fine after that it might not be anythang really but now ill be able to kep a better watch on them that work is over for the weekend

Ask a Question