Flex Seal

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have you seen the TV commercial where a man cuts a metal rowboat in half, then uses Flex Seal tape to join it together again, then use in the lake? Well it works! I had to join two pieces of pondliner together, used Flex Seal tape, and it works just great. And works underwater too, but mine is out of the pond. Works way better and faster and cheaper than standard EPDM pond liner tape. And the Flex Shot clear adhesive works perfectly on the leak where the hose goes into my filter box. All stores carry this product now. Do you think they will give me product endorsement pay now??? Great product!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It says on the commercial that it is not a permanent fix only temporary .I would worry about freeze and thaw .I used it on gutter until I could get a new elbow and it lasted a month and then winter hit and it just fell off .Went to lowes I don't know how many times and kept forgetting to pick a new plastic elbow for the shed gutter .

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I'm on the @TORTOISEFORUM.COM
And very often, members will ask about how to seal wooden enclosures for small, high humidity turtles and tortoises.
I've wondered about Flex Seal.
I'm also curious about the durability.
I used some on a leaky rain gutter on my front porch and after about 3 months in the sun, it shrunk, became brittle and the seam started leaking again.

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Well dang it. Thought this was such a good product, apparently not. Thanks for letting me know. I will keep searching.
I'll bet it's ideal for certain things. Just not a cure all for everything.
My roof gutters are smooth plastic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Mitch. I am just trying to join a small piece of epdm , outside the pond, will have just gravel on it. No water. What do you think?

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
You'll have a hard time sealing any leak where 2 separate surfaces can move independent of each other.
Industrial black silicone rubber bonds and stays flexible.
It's my favorite for sealing water submerged stuff.
In all likelihood, just keeping the Flex Seal out of the sunlight and UV will keep it from breaking down.

Ask a Question