FLOATING PLANT RINGS FOR WATER LILIES - BUOYANCY ISSUES

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For those who don't know, this is NOT the same thing as the floating planters that have been previously mentioned. This is for "floating" a water lily pot as an alternative to setting it on the bottom, on a crate [my pond slopes, so I can't use the crates for this].

Addy, I know you have done this with success. I've tried, but keep having buoyancy issues -- I just can't seem to find that fine line where the ring will stay up, but just under the water's surface. I'm using PVC pipe and/or PVC pipe and pool noodles.

The object is to get the "float" to be just under the water's surface so that the pads will grow up and over and you'd never know there was a "float" holding the pot up. Mine either stay up too high, are uneven, or sink. And just when I'll have a pot RIGHT WHERE I WANT IT, I'll check on it hours later [or next morning] and it will have sunk like a lead weight!

Last year I finally settled for having the rings be above the surface, but was never happy with that as the pads didn't have anywhere to go. :(

Ask a Question