Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Water break is cured now. It is designed (lets hope anyways) to stop flooding but still allows for reservoir to drain and fill pond and sanctuary backup tanks (3 underground 150 gallons each with simple pre-filter)
The reservoir is sandbagged (top/rear of image) but they will be removed once the stones settle and the cement caps dry that cover the pine pilings which obviously can't be seen otherwise that would be some really shitty pilings :D The flood gate is on the south side and was open in the first image of the north side but the second shows what it looks like when closes which can be done either manually or automatically using a switch that senses high flow rate and/or a water sensor that will activate if the water reaches it and submerges it for a sustained time period. The gate also has a safety break that will open the gate if it senses an obstruction in the way and will set off a warning which is a flashing strobe to allow you to know something is wrong from a distance. I tested it by closing it with a limb in the way to see if it would stop it but it actually just snapped it in two but, a larger limb or rock etc. will cause it to trip.
ggggg.png
mm.png

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Wow nice! you have been darn busy!
Well I did have about 45 days to work on it all together plus a team of highly skilled turtles to "help" by uhmmm well actually they didn't do jack but, I guess they are on team Marshall so they get some credit lol :D

Ask a Question