Florida ponds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Thanks for asking! We're on the coast W of Tampa, having moved (with the fish) from Chicago IL (not the Arctic, but has long, cold winters) a year ago. We didn't quite get to freezing last night, and so far, we are all thinking, "not toasty warm beach weather, but NO ICE ON THE POND! It's a "win" for sure."
@rubyduby is a little farther south than I - how's your pond this chilly morning?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for asking! We're on the coast W of Tampa, having moved (with the fish) from Chicago IL (not the Arctic, but has long, cold winters) a year ago. We didn't quite get to freezing last night, and so far, we are all thinking, "not toasty warm beach weather, but NO ICE ON THE POND! It's a "win" for sure."
@rubyduby is a little farther south than I - how's your pond this chilly morning?
I've been fairly frost free on the mid west coast of England, my waterfall has remained in motion so leaving it be for the foreseeable.
I thought there was unusual low temperatures about to settle on the whole of Florida ,made me sympathize if anyone could be caught out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I've been fairly frost free on the mid west coast of England, my waterfall has remained in motion so leaving it be for the foreseeable.
I thought there was unusual low temperatures about to settle on the whole of Florida ,made me sympathize if anyone could be caught out.
Very kind of you to check on us. I'm glad you're in a fairly frost free zone. Yes, pretty much all of Florida got an unusual chill. In inspecting my yard more closely, I found a thin layer of ice in the bird bath. Moving water in the pond and bog kept them ice free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
@rubyduby is a little farther south than I - how's your pond this chilly morning
I haven't noticed any difference in my pond plants since the two cold nights (water lily is still putting up buds which I can't believe) but my fish have been hiding and have not come out to feed. Water temp was 52 degrees so that explains it....We hit 34 degrees the first night and 36 last night...glad it's over:) supposed to be 80 degrees towards the end of the week:cool:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That why i'll never go to Florida 80 in February is cray in my eyes

Ask a Question