sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you could use 2 laguna pumps .I have 2400 gph and a 2900 gph and total watts used is just over 100 watts 65 for 1 and 35 for the other ,the bigger the hose the less watts they use

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
have a lip to prevent the teapot effect
I vote for attaching a shut The flow rate is irrelevant for making the water run across the entire weir. so long as it is level. my guess in the picture you have as an example is pushing at least 6,000 gph a standard pool pump.
it takes a lot of flow to generate a nice wide waterfall

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you could cut pieces of hose to maybe fill up the inside of the piece but you will need a way to get in it to clean it out of muck and other stuff that gets trapped in the piece no matter what you do .I know my tank adapters need cleaned out and I can use a baby bottle brush .They can clog up with an inch of muck in just 2 or 3 months and also snails get in them .

dustboy

Nattering Nabob
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
GBBUDD that video is really helpful to see all the different flows next to each other. Smart pond shop that set that up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
GBBUDD that video is really helpful to see all the different flows next to each other. Smart pond shop that set that up.
The only variable or unknown is the depth of the water. It would have been nice if they had a ruler showing the depth. the weirs are all the same width it would have been nice if the had increased the width once the flow filled the whole weir.

Last edited:

Ask a Question