Flushing Pump with Reverse Flow

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Over the last month I noticed the water volume returning into the pond had lessened so today I backflushed my TetraPond Bio-Active Pressure Filter. I was quite surprised at the amount of soiled water expelled. The pressure filter backflushed flawlessly and increased water flow volume.

Now it's time to clean my TetraPond Debris Handling Pump. Hiring my last pond cleaner was overly expensive and since I cannot enter the pond I am wondering if it would help the clean pump at all if tried the following.

A. Unattach the pumps flexible input hose from the pressure filter.
B. Insert my garden hose with high pressure nozzle attached into pump's output hose.
C. Using full pressure, send water through the garden hose back into the TetraPond Debris Handling Pump thus backflushing the pump.

Would this help clean the pump?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
yes it will help Lou, just turning the pump on and off will use the head of water to flush out the pump.
If some thing is wrapped up in the pump you will have to pull it up to unclog it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
DrCase said:
yes it will help Lou, just turning the pump on and off will use the head of water to flush out the pump.
If some thing is wrapped up in the pump you will have to pull it up to unclog it
I agree in priciple with Dr case in theory it should work.

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question