Flycatcher doing some swimming

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I wish I could have taken a picture of this. It was so neat! We've had little flycatchers hanging around the pond and getting gnats and stuff out of the air. Today, one little guy flew right down INTO the water -- three different times. He was taking a bath. Each time, he flopped down right into the shallow end - which is about a foot deep - then flew back out onto a rock, where he cleaned, preened, shook, and fluffed. Then he did it all over again. It was so cute and funny to watch, since he scared the poo out of the fish each time he did it!
I've always enjoyed the aerial acrobatics of flycatchers - but I've never seen them do this before!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
It is a type of bird. Very cute and fun to watch. They swoop around and catch flies (and other bugs) in midair!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I mow our back field, they are always flying right over me snatching the disturbed bugs out of the air.

Ask a Question