Foam/Froth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have inherited when I moved house recently (This was just over a year ago) and the pond has been pretty much perfect during that whole time - with the exception of the UV bulb having to be replaced back in January 2018. Recently there has been a build-up of froth inside the filter box, I'm not sure what is causing it or if it is harmful towards the fish.

Just hoping someone can give me a hand looking for some answers. (I'm fairly new to this all so if someone can give me a hand in basic terms that would be amazing)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Welcome Nathan.
It's probably just the result of a temporary buildup from decaying organic matter.
Make sure your filters are clean, you have good water circulation and aeration.
Keep an eye out for excessive growth of algae.
Also, test your water for ammonia, KH, nitrate and phosphate.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-5-26_9-42-8.gif
@Nathan Boulton

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I agree with @MitchM, the same thing started happening to me last week even though nothing has changed in the feeding of the fish, or the maintenance of the pond....I'm thinking it could be due to the seeds constantly flying off the trees and ending up in the pond (?)

Ask a Question