Food that fish can't resist?

Reaction score
I added some goldfish to my pond, and they have been hiding for a week now. They come out at night (I went out there with a flashlight) I have tried putting some pellets into the pond but they just float around, and I eventually net them out. I was wondering if there was a food / treat that would have these Houdini fish come "running"? I have NO clue how fish find there food, but does it SMELL really good or... ?? I want to give these little guys a reason to come out of hiding.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
There is a trick you could use by adding garlic extrac to the pellets fish go nuts for it a little like cats for catnip

Dave

Reaction score
There is a trick you could use by adding garlic extrac to the pellets fish go nuts for it a little like cats for catnip

Dave
Extract? I have never heard of garlic extract... where would I find it? At this point I will try anything! I tried frozen bloodworms this afternoon... threw a small bit right by where I KNOW at least one of them is hiding... still no takers. If I hadn't seen them swimming at night when it was dark I would assume they were all dead!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Extract? I have never heard of garlic extract... where would I find it? At this point I will try anything! I tried frozen bloodworms this afternoon... threw a small bit right by where I KNOW at least one of them is hiding... still no takers. If I hadn't seen them swimming at night when it was dark I would assume they were all dead!
you could liquify the garlic or get a tube of garlic extract from your local super market , you can even buy it at fish shops
If they dont stock it ask to see their Seachems catolog and then get them to order it for you , last but not least you could very finely chop it and add it to their pellets .

Dave

Reaction score
I can't believe it took this long but my fish FINALLY starting eating the fish food yesterday! I have been throwing a bit of food in the pond every day but after an hour I would scoop it out. The fish ignored it and would keep pecking at the liner (I'm assuming eating the algae) Yesterday my daughter asked me if she could feed the fish, I told they weren't eating, but she could throw a couple pieces in to give it a try.... THE STINKERS GOBBLED IT UP!!! When I threw some more in today they ate it up and kept swarming for more! YAY

Ask a Question