Forget me knot

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
wil u have ducklings soon?
That was from last year, this is the one that had the ducklings. This year there has already been a few ducks that have stopped by. There is one pair that is not nervous at all with the dogs and me so it could be the same pair. I never have had them born in the yard. Mom just brings them there after the fact. Looks like a good possibility but not sure yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
That was from last year, this is the one that had the ducklings. This year there has already been a few ducks that have stopped by. There is one pair that is not nervous at all with the dogs and me so it could be the same pair. I never have had them born in the yard. Mom just brings them there after the fact. Looks like a good possibility but not sure yet.
aw thats cute , did u ever touched ducklings? do these ducks fly? i was thinking to buy ducks but i guess they will eat all my plants lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
aw thats cute , did u ever touched ducklings? do these ducks fly? i was thinking to buy ducks but i guess they will eat all my plants lol
No I never touched a wild duckling but I did get a female to eat out of my hand. They are all wild and they come and go as they please.

Here is a video with me get her use to me and my hand, it took a bit

Here is the successful hand feeding

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would be afraid of the amount of poop that would be added and can unbalance my nitrogen cycle.
This comes up a lot. If you have good a bio setup for you pond it will not be an issue. I figured my fish will grow so did more Bio then what was needed by the basic pond specs. Frogs, birds, caterpillars, fish etc poop. So when building a pond I would figure on a little more bio then just the pond size you have and you should be fine for all the wildlife visitors. Last year we had over 12 ducks at times and had zero issues with the fish. Now geese would be a different story :)They are worse then my dogs. They came to our yard just one day and the poop we had was amazing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks for the videos @RobAmy , it's nice to enjoy other people nature while I'm waiting for the weather to warm up and my pond to awake :)

Ask a Question