Formal pond/rubber liner/cement edging. Please help!

Reaction score
I am about to dig out my new pond. I'm aiming for 12/6/4' pure rectangle. My last pond was informal with flagstone edging. I want this to have a formal hard look with cement edging and a small basin and overflow at one end for water return. How do I go about the edging?? I'm thinking dig a collar that is about 4" thick and 6-8" high The liner would be under the cement and then some type of capping like pavers or the cement itself extending away from the water. This should allow the water level to drop without exposing the liner and give me the look I want.

But it can't be that easy. What am I missing?? Rebar? Mesh?? Forms?? To thick?? Thin??
I hope u can help
Thank you.

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Are you after some thing like this

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 654
Reaction score
yes thats pretty close to what i want but with some edging under the pavers to allow for buffer when the water drops without the liner being exposed, and more closer to this picture
landscape-water-ponds-cascades-water-gardens34.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The hardest part you may encounter is hiding the filter .It is pretty easy just liners seem to be harder to fold and hide on those type ponds .i know mine was

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have your liner folded under the cap, go above the water level on the outside edge. Have your cap below the normal and lowest water level, so when the water drops you will just see the cap not the liner.

Ask a Question