Forum newbie with pondless waterfall here.

Reaction score
Hi folks. Newbie here. I've had my pondless waterfall now for almost 4 years. I designed and made it myself with pond liner for the falls and a 50 gallon horse water trough for the underground reservoir and wire mesh supporting the gravel over the tub. A 2000gph pump (more on this in another post) in the tub sends the water to the top of the falls. I have a Y diverter valve so that the falls volume can be fine tuned. Lots of rocks, gravel and plants finish the job.

The birds and chipmunks love it. Sometimes we have ten birds all taking a bath at the same time. With the pump not needed to filter pond water, it gets shut off at night and in the winter (the water would freeze here in Canada). Plus, we always have the sound of running water when the windows are open or we're on the back deck.

I have a dipstick hole in the mesh that is simply hidden by a stone.

Attachments

• waterfall-sm.jpg
    waterfall-sm.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 291

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wish I had gone to a pondless one this way no worries when you are gone just turn it off and be done .I love it .

Ask a Question