Forum Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've applied a lot of upgrades to the forum today, the most noticeable of which is to the forum design - it's still quite similar to the old one, so it should be familiar :).

The new design makes things for lighter loading and easier to code for - I hope you guys like it!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Our power just came back on after being out since 2:30 this morning. Still out, but we got our internet back, and thanks to my generator, I can finally catch up on my news, emails and forums. Thought things looked different here. I like it! It has an updated look and is clean and crisp looking. Looks like from what you wrote the functionality has improved also.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I knew something was up when I was presented with a truncated web page. I typically maintain a 110% zoom on all web pages just for ease of reading. When I reduced this to normal the full page was presented. It does look good. Did you add any new features that we need to know about?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Did you add any new features that we need to know about?

There aren't any new features to the site, with the exception of the different layout (the benefits will mainly be seen on mobile devices). Most of the upgrades are to do with behind the scenes stuff which makes it easier for me to work on the site.

Nice! I've already changed my showcase links in my signature to match. :)
Very Stylish :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, I like it. And the phone seems to work a lot better. Will need to play with that when not on wifi at home. Our signal is bad we never use the phone network here.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very nice, I like it. And the phone seems to work a lot better. Will need to play with that when not on wifi at home. Our signal is bad we never use the phone network here.

What carrier do you use? We use AT&T, and we never had the best reception since we live in a valley between 2 mountains, but it even got worse when we replaced our slate roof with a metal roof. I bought what is call a micro-tower...a very small box. Cost $150, but we got a $75 rebate on it. It hooks up to your computer and makes a connection, bypassing any cell phone towers, directly with a satellite. Now, we always have 5 bars...no problem.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have not really worried about it, stick the phones on wifi while home they work just fine. I don't really touch mine while home, it just sits there. We do get phone calls without issue, as long as not in the basement.

And to answer your? we have t-mobile, the first carrier that has given us more than zero bars at the house. We have tried att, verizon, sprint, metro pcs.

Ask a Question