Found a use for an old cast net.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
I have large oak tree's in my yard and they will do the final leave drop in a few weeks. I had this old cast net in the shed and it covered it perfect. I just cut the lines at the top and use those for side tie downs. Pond has only been set up a couple months and is still cycling some. Keeping the leaves out has been a pain. I do not have a skimmer set up on this one but do have a mag drive 1800 with the foam prefilter about 4" under the surface that keep's what does get through in one area. The large pvc pipes are just temporary untill I biuld a 3 part folding frame from 3/4" pvc and attach the net to.

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 333
Reaction score
yep, perfect use for such a net! Nice! In my neck of the woods, those openings would be too big--we get those little seed pods (my son calls 'em helicopters beause they spin when they fall), and those suckers even find their way through regular bird netting.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
I now what you mean koikeeper. Some of the small ones are getting through but it stops a majority of them. The good thing is the leaves drop when the fronts move through and the wind is usually blowing which blows everything across the top of the net.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I now what you mean koikeeper. Some of the small ones are getting through but it stops a majority of them. The good thing is the leaves drop when the fronts move through and the wind is usually blowing which blows everything across the top of the net.
This is a spectacular idea! Thanks....

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Someone posted about using the netting from a canopy on their pond. We have a 12x12 canopy on our deck and the mosquito netting is useless as it is a raised deck. I now have lots of tiny mesh netting to use on my ponds- FREE! This forum is great for ideas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great idea. If you've got the time after building the future foldable one would love to see how you did that too.

Ask a Question