Fountain Pump

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have one of those simple fish spitter fountains, and the little pump that came with it is starting to go out. I want to replace it with something inexpensive, and there are several options on Amazon. I'm wondering if anyone has a particular recommendation?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
If you have a Harbor Freight near you, their pumps are cheap and I have found them to be reliable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If you have a Harbor Freight near you, their pumps are cheap and I have found them to be reliable.

I had no idea that Harbor Freight carried pond pumps. I'll try that route. They've got a 158 GPH for just $9, so it's definitely worth a go. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
I've had pretty good luck with pumps from harbor freight, I'm not sure how energy efficient they are, but for a small spitter it should be a minor concern.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I had no idea that Harbor Freight carried pond pumps. I'll try that route. They've got a 158 GPH for just $9, so it's definitely worth a go. Thanks.
I have found that you will probably want to go one size up from what you think you need. I'm not sure how closely they pump the gallons they say they move so I always go one up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I put the $9 Harbor Freight pump in last night, and it looks like it's going to do the trick. I've got about 2' of hose from pump to spitter, so I had to leave it at the max output level to get the flow I hoped for. We'll see how long it lasts. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Ask a Question