Free 6" handicapped koi named Fred to good home/pond in St. Louis, MO area

Reaction score
He/she was in the goldfish tank at the aquarium store I frequent, a tank which was so overstocked with swiftly swimming fish, that it was difficult to see who was who in there. I got everyone home, and noticed the next day that he only had one pectoral fin. He/she has probaly been this way it's whole life cause it swims so well that unless you actually LOOK, you'd never notice. Feedin' time at the Lu Ranch came around the next evening, and while watching them eat... I noticed that not only is good ol' Fred's mouth on the underside of his face, not the end where a goldfish mouth should be, he also has barbells/whiskers! "Uh oh." SO... I could take him back to the aquarium store, cause I know the guy there and he would definitely take him back, BUT... he's been so happy outside, but... I don't wanna subject him to a questionable LFS fate. Afterall, he IS technically handicapped! ;) I wouldn't think that many would buy an imperfect koi on purpose. I DO know that he can't live in my itsy goldfish pond forever, so I'm offering him up for adoption. He's already down a fin... and SKINNY (I've been trying to fatten him up a bit)... but he deserves a loving forever home in a big pond.

Sex: Unknown
Coloring: Mostly white. Head/first third of his body is orange.
Size: Aprox 6" not including his tail, pushing 8" maybe if tail included. Very thin.
Full Name: Fred Johnson (named after the one-armed man in the movie The Fugitive.)

He can be seen in the following video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninja-von-incognito/5914924447/

You'll fall in love with him too... Just yook at him's widdle fishy face...

He's full of personality in my tiny pond, I'm sure he'd be just as entertaining in somone's big pond. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
LuLu, I was just looking at old posts and saw this. I've never been to the Classifieds before. Did you find a new home for your fish? If not, please PM me. I don't live too far, and would be happy to add him/her to my 4,000 gal koi/goldfish pond! I have no problems with him/her being "handicapped"! :razz: :goldfish: :razz:

Ask a Question