Friendliest Koi & ADVICE ON WHERE TO BUY

Reaction score
I have read that Chagoi are the most friendly. All of them are so nice it is amazing to me!

I am curious to hear from others what breeds they have found to be "extra" social and friendly. I'm adding to the koi family!

Please also share what online breeder you have found to be the best for ordering Koi online. I am not looking for anything too expensive but do appreciate higher end and want to make sure the source is reliable/keeps their fish healthy with great ordering history. I've tried Nextdaykoi, Kloubec, and Liveaquaria so far.

Thanks everyone
:)

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Don’t really know which ones are the most friendly, all of them follow me around the pond begging for food.

Ive ordered from the ones you mentioned though( live aquaria I only get saltwater fish) as well as BKD (on eBay) and Blackwater Koi Farm. Blackwater over nighted two large fish near 20” and both are doing fine......

Reaction score
Don’t really know which ones are the most friendly, all of them follow me around the pond begging for food.

Ive ordered from the ones you mentioned though( live aquaria I only get saltwater fish) as well as BKD (on eBay) and Blackwater Koi Farm. Blackwater over nighted two large fish near 20” and both are doing fine......
Thank you for your response! Yes they all are so friendly its beautiful to see!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States

This is where I ordered my chagoi from. I'd never heard of this place but it was recommended to me by a member of the Dayton Koi Club.

I have 4 koi, my other 3 I bought from our local fish hatchery.

Edited to say I can't remember when I purchased her, it's been years ago.

Reaction score

This is where I ordered my chagoi from. I'd never heard of this place but it was recommended to me by a member of the Dayton Koi Club.

I have 4 koi, my other 3 I bought from our local fish hatchery.

Edited to say I can't remember when I purchased her, it's been years ago.
Awesome, thank you so much. This is a great resource and I'm grateful to know of it now thanks to you! How are your Chagoi's doin? Did it help with the other fish to not feel as shy?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Awesome, thank you so much. This is a great resource and I'm grateful to know of it now thanks to you! How are your Chagoi's doin? Did it help with the other fish to not feel as shy?
Her name is Cha Cha. I joke that she is a feminist, as she's quite independent- LOL ! She is very friendly and hand feeds....I'm not sure she's had a lot of effect on the other 3 though. One of my koi remains quite skittish.

Reaction score
Her name is Cha Cha. I joke that she is a feminist, as she's quite independent- LOL ! She is very friendly and hand feeds....I'm not sure she's had a lot of effect on the other 3 though. One of my koi remains quite skittish.
Oh my gosh! Cha Cha the Chagoi :love: So perfect ! She sounds like a QUEEN ;) ! Okay okay good to know thank you! I am excited no matter what to have the experience of caring for a Chagoi, I hope he or she will be happy with their new home. Would love to see pics of Cha Cha if you're able to!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh my gosh! Cha Cha the Chagoi :love: So perfect ! She sounds like a QUEEN ;) ! Okay okay good to know thank you! I am excited no matter what to have the experience of caring for a Chagoi, I hope he or she will be happy with their new home. Would love to see pics of Cha Cha if you're able to!
D561EDC2-DE8A-4C3A-95F6-6E3E84124833_1_201_a.jpeg

Reaction score
Hi tula. I have a gin rin chagoi and he’s one of my favorites. Since you are in the same neck of the woods as me…. Does yours darken a lot in high summer? Mine becomes almost hard to see against the black Lanier except for the gin run scales. Once the fall rolls in he lightens up again

Ask a Question