Friends by the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6175.JPG
Every afternoon when I get home from work Sarah and I sit by the pond and feed the fish.... Our friend a female Blue Tailed Skink comes out to eat ants and enjoy the last bits of sunshine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Skinks much better than Skunks visiting :D
We have skunks and armadillo's that love to dig in my vegetable garden..... They will destroy everything.... So about three years ago I read if you put down cayanan pepper down they will leave it alone...... It worked, so now I save all my dried hot peppers in the fall..... Then in the spring when I see signs of them I get the dried ones and chop them up in a food processor and spread it around..... Works for me..... No more garden problems.... Doesn't help the yard though.... Not enough peppers for that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wonder if that would work for groundhogs. I will buy a huge bottle of peppers!
From what I read skunks and armadillo's both want grubs and earthworms and they use their sense of smell to find them..... The pepper burns their nose..... I know it doesn't work on moles so I bet it wouldn't work on ground hogs either

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
From what I read skunks and armadillo's both want grubs and earthworms and they use their sense of smell to find them..... The pepper burns their nose..... I know it doesn't work on moles so I bet it wouldn't work on ground hogs either
bummer.................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
We have nocturnal skunk visitors. Before the netting my pond water used to stink and I wasn't sure why.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a skunk have babies under my porch and they were cute as could be but momma was stinky girl .I was glad to see them move on and the momma never came back to have babies under there again .Even animal control said she would be back ,but that was 5 years ago

Ask a Question