Frisky behavior? Spawning?

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
This morning on my daily pond check I noticed my fish were more active them normal. I did take the screen off yesterday so they could get to know me and they have been loving it. Well my newest comet and one of my shubunkins were nose to tale and swimming all over the place with some very aggressive playing? I just went out to check on them and the comet seams to be chilling more then usual. At one point even resting by one of my pumps. These fish are not that old, maybe a year on some.

Any ideas on this?

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
koikeepr said:
do you have any fish that look plump and full of eggs?

Its hard to tell, for me. I guess I really didn't or don't notice. I have been looking at the koi more now that I can see them, and notice a difference in body shape. But this was mostly those two fish.

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC00039.JPG
    DSC00039.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC00037.JPG
    DSC00037.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 372
Reaction score
yep! that's spawning behavior. Make a couple of my spawning mops if you're interested in catching the eggs. You'll also need to make that hatchery I posted as well if you hope to capture eggs.

Otherwise you just let nature happen and whatever happens to the eggs will happen.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Thanks koikeepr and good morning.
I was thinking of using my lilly stock tub maybe. Just screen off the out flow with some thing.

Ask a Question