Frog-a-palooza!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's getting creepy over here - we have the biggest, and most, bullfrogs we've ever seen in our pond this year. Here's a few of the larger ones we've spotted so far.

First there was this big girl - that's her more normal sized companion for comparison:

IMG_1359.jpeg

Then there were these two - that's my foot in my size 9 crocs with the second one:

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1376.jpeg

We'll see how long the three of them hang out here - usually we get one big bullfrog who clears the pond of all the littler frogs and then moves on. Will this come down to three big frogs trying to eat each other??

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Or three big ones trying to make a million little ones.haha... those are some big frogs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wow. Those are some grand 'Jeremiahs' I'm most impressed that you were able to put your foot right next to one without it skedaddling away.
It was a good frog day around here as well. At one point we looked down from the deck & counted 9 (and possibly 10) frogs in the upper pond area, including one large bullfrog, a bunch of good sized green frogs & a few little ones that were hard to identify from there. Spring is really hopping now! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I am taking ten to fifteen out of my skimmers twice a day. They are doubled up mating. They are all toads...not frogs...since I put the nets on my skimmers I haven’t found any dead ones now that they can’t hop over to the pump side.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, I miss the frogs (and toads)! Hubby and I just came back from a walk and heard them everywhere. Can’t wait to get the new pond built.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wow they're huge! I'm only used to tiny little things here in England, I think i would jump out my skin if i came across one of those in my pond :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Adorable! The frogs are finally starting to wake up at my pond too but they never let me get close enough to get a good picture.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I found 3 pretty good sized ones in my bathtub pond poking up through the massive amount of Parrots Feather that took over. I should have taken a photo but I was prolly trying to get something done fast before my hubby noticed what I was doing :joyful:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This big guy was just chilling underwater and as soon as he (she? no clue!) saw me coming went "FLOOP" and stuck it's head between the rocks... um hello? I can still SEE you!

IMG_1400.jpeg

For the record, we went from probably seeing 3 dozen or more smaller frogs every day to now seeing maybe one or two a day. Big Bertah here has cleared us out. I'm sure she'll move on soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Oh how cute! That is so funny Lisak1. I cannot see the bottom of my pond due to all the wind and rain we have had...I know, patience.....

Ask a Question