Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maybe no takers yet....

What I thought was particularly interesting was the fact that the shop owner assured the hobiest that the frog and the fish would get along just fine! A word to the wise -- DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Right! The people staffing our pet shops here are generally 16 year olds working their first job anyway, so I don't even ask. I mean, they sold her a koi to put in an aquarium!

Personally I was not one bit surprised. Once I saw this, nothing a frog did could shock me:

DSC00567.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Either way it isnt very nice being eaten alive for any of the creatures involved , I remember waking up to a large splash in the middle of the night from the then koi tank .:confused:
When Val and I went to investigate , we discovered that the largest European Weather loach we had was at least half way down our Large Orange Ogon's throat.......:eek:
Passed the point of return we had to let the koi finish off this loach ;)
The point is though back in those days weather loaches and koi were sold together :LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That frog was crazy. He spent several weeks catching two or three birds a day. Most would end up floating in the pond because they were too big for him to swallow, try as hard as he might. This was the only time we ever saw it happen. Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would never have believed it was possible. And then one day he was gone. Maybe a victim of an even bigger predator than himself!

Ask a Question