Frog Eggs

Reaction score
We woke up to hundreds of frogs eggs in our two small ponds. Must have been a busy night with the rain last night.

I have red platy's, mosquito fish and guppies in those ponds. Will any of those eat the eggs? I seriously don't want hundreds of frogs around my front door.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I seriously don't want hundreds of frogs around my front door.

I'm not sure if those fish eat frog eggs, but having hundreds of frogs around your front door is a very unlikely scenario, or at least not for long. Some eggs naturally wont do anything. Then, many of the baby frogs will get eaten by predators, and most will find a new home in their first or second year. Frogs don't like being crowded. Of course, if it bothers you anyway, you can always just throw the eggs out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I get thousands of eggs each year, we never are overrun by frogs, it all balances out

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wish that would happen here at my pond Priscilla. I never get any frog eggs. I did have a few frogs one year that laid some eggs and hatched tads in my little bathtub pond. Guess they all turned into frogs and moved on cuz I don't have tons of frogs. Don't think you need to worry.

Reaction score
So far I have hundreds of tad poles. Its like the water is alive with them. Pretty creepy looking. I'm noticing some string algae, so I guess there's some water issues. Feeling quite concerned.

Ask a Question