Frogs and Fish and Plants That Grow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Greetings from NC, USA. I have dabbled with aquariums for years, but fell into ponding about six years ago with a small preform pond I found on Marketplace (see? Facebook is good for something!!).

I expanded a couple years ago with a 100g + preform a friend found for me, lying discarded by the side of the road. I'm about to upgrade, displacing the 20g with another used preform (yard sale) that is identical to the second.

I have an in-pond skimmer, small waterfall, spitter, and DIY filter. My flora and fauna include pickerel rush, irises, arrowhead, water lilies, water hyacinth (seasonal and legal here), plus some fathead minnows I harvested from a friend's lake, and any number of frogs that have found their way to my backyard.

DFBD0A5F-01EC-4F2E-8037-34808FE1E821.jpeg

I've been enjoying the threads, but figured it was time to register.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1569187839962.gif
@fuzzi
Looks nice and lush w/plants all around. Minnows prolly take care of any skeeters that come around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Greetings from another NC 'ponder'. :) Where abouts are you located? That's a lovely little water garden you've got going there!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
View attachment 124704@fuzzi
Looks nice and lush w/plants all around. Minnows prolly take care of any skeeters that come around.
That's the main reason I added them!
Welcome:) Everything looks like it's flourishing around your pond !
Thanks, I'm pleased with it.
Greetings from another NC 'ponder'. :) Where abouts are you located? That's a lovely little water garden you've got going there!!
Near Greenville, about halfway between Raleigh and the OBX.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum! That is a great looking set up you have there. Very healthy!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings from NC, USA. I have dabbled with aquariums for years, but fell into ponding about six years ago with a small preform pond I found on Marketplace (see? Facebook is good for something!!).

I expanded a couple years ago with a 100g + preform a friend found for me, lying discarded by the side of the road. I'm about to upgrade, displacing the 20g with another used preform (yard sale) that is identical to the second.

I have an in-pond skimmer, small waterfall, spitter, and DIY filter. My flora and fauna include pickerel rush, irises, arrowhead, water lilies, water hyacinth (seasonal and legal here), plus some fathead minnows I harvested from a friend's lake, and any number of frogs that have found their way to my backyard.

View attachment 124703

That is one lush pond! Beautiful.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Fuzzi! You get an 'A' for your acquisition method. Yard sales etc. yield tremendous deals. Your pond looks great. Thanks for joining!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

View attachment 124703

Hi and welcome. Your pond is great. You did a really nice job with it. Just curious why you are not considering a flexible liner instead of another preform. They are pretty easy to install and you could make the pond a little deeper and throw a few goldfish in it!

Ask a Question