frogs and tadpoles??

Reaction score
qicky-
can i get tad poles for the pond or will the koi eat them? they didnt eat the guppies... they range from 3-5 inches...

Reaction score
Koi will eat them. Like pop corn! I bought california tree frogs (not to be confused with pacific tree frogs) and after release I never saw them again. =(

Reaction score
I bought 12 tadpoles and thought they were all eaten by the koi. Lo and behold, I had 1 survivor and he was about a 1-2" little froggy last fall. Thought he had died over the winter, 'cause I hadn't seem him all spring, but about 10 days ago he showed up. He wintered over and is large enough now that the koi don't seem to bother him (about 2-3")

Now the question... how old are they before they "find their voices". He's been silent, so far.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i had 3 bull frog tadpoles last year they grew to frogs and atleast one is still around or back. buy the larger tadpoles sold for ponds...no problem!

Reaction score
Just put 6 rather large bullfrog tadpoles in the pond, they are currently hiding in my parrots feather. we will see how it goes.

Ask a Question