sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok last year frogs lots of them where at my pond and at night would party there I guess ,because they where noisy enough .Every morning I would get up and have to fish dead frogs out of my pond or parts of them that the fish would kill ,not sure if they eat them too .Can this cause problems in the pond and what can I do about it .Sometimes 8 or 10 bodies and also parts of bodies .It was disgusting had a talk with the fish about it but just like teenagers they never listen LOL And I also had a slight problem with a garden snake will they go into the pond too .Gosh would hate pulling 1 of them out of the pond too (yuk )I would also catch my bigger fish during the day chasing a frog across the pond and would have to stop them and do a search and rescue for the poor frog .We have a large stream across the road from us in the woods and I have to take them over there and let them loose (be honest I think they come right back here ) I'm sure I have seen the same little croakers more than once .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did not know fish would eat frogs. I guess they will eat whatever will fit in their mouths. Koi's mouths are bigger than my goldfishes so they would have to be pretty small frogs for them to eat. We do have the little tiny tree frogs here but I don't think they hang around the pond fortunately :helm2:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have really tiny frogs with little suction feet on them and have seen my fish eat a few of them .My Auntie ag who is my biggest at almost 18 inches long is a pig you should see her rip a piece of watermellon to pieces

Ask a Question