Fruit and vegetables

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just stuck a strawberry plant and a tomato plant in the bog. Which one do you think will do better. Right now they are both perky and look great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just stuck a strawberry plant and a tomato plant in the bog. Which one do you think will do better. Right now they are both perky and look great.
well, lessee, I've had tomatoes in the bog v1...you can see it on the right...so, my vote goes toward the tomato plant!

200913 - pond pano, toad lily, pond landscape, sedum 18.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have greens growing in their bog? Would kale work?
As they say, your pond is never big enough - I was also going to plant some leafy greens, but running out of room. I do have watercress all over.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've seen an aquaponic system that was growing all manner of vegetables and fruits. Anything is worth a try!

Reaction score
i tried just a plain ole living lettuce i got from the local grocers in my experimental above ground mini bog - it seemed to do ok for a couple weeks, but this weekend i saw it was having a hard time - pulled it out and saw the roots were falling off... so cleaned it up and planted it again and we will see how it fairs.
I wonder if the hotter Houston weather was having an effect on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've got water cress in my bog. I rooted it from a bunch I bought from our grocery produce dept. I'm keeping it carefully under control, I just want it to cover the liner in the spillway back to the pond.

I completely removed pennywort last summer. Really loved it's leaves, but it just took over everything !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Watercress will drift, but it's easy to keep under control. Our hot start to summer has kept mine slow growing so far. Mine frequently comes back from one year to the next - I'm aways surprised to see it overwinter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My tomato’s never made it - my strawberry plant came back and has already had a strawberry and is making another

Attachments

• 5CF0E2CD-0219-463A-81CB-EC5837835838.jpeg
    5CF0E2CD-0219-463A-81CB-EC5837835838.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 11

Ask a Question