Fruit fly invasion

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get rid of fruit fly?
Oh my they are EVERYWHERE!!
I tried to control them like I always do by keeping fruits and veggies inside the fridge, I stopped giving my parrot her fruit, I made the traps, and I do catch a bunch, but the more I get rid of, the more I see, I can't take it anymore!
smpissed.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get them here outside but they still manage to get inside .I put sticky honey on a apple or banana and they get stuck in it .I tried putting honey on fake fruit also and it works too

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We get them here outside but they still manage to get inside .I put sticky honey on a apple or banana and they get stuck in it .I tried putting honey on fake fruit also and it works too
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try today after work!
I never got them this bad, usually I'd see a few around the fruit basket and setting up a trap or removing the fruit for a couple of days has always been enough to get rid of them

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We're also overrun with them this year. This is the trap I use. I bait it with vinigar or white wine. I think they breed faster than you can catch them!

Attachments

• 20171020_115220.jpg
    20171020_115220.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 158
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We're also overrun with them this year. This is the trap I use. I bait it with vinigar or white wine. I think they breed faster than you can catch them!
I made this trap, but I use the tips of a fork to make the holes (I think the knife is too large) and I put a few pieces of bananas and grapes in the cup, cause I don't want to kill them, I just want them out of the house

Ask a Question