Fry on vacation

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have some several month old fry and I will probably be taking a 5 day Vaca first of next month. I'm not worried about the guys in the pond, but I've never kept fry before. Will they be ok with vacation feeder blocks? Or should I try to make arrangements for someone to feed them? They have parrots feather and hyacinth to nibble also.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think they will be just fine. When I started my ponding I never fed any of my fish for years and babies were born and they did just fine along w/the adults eating whatever they found in the pond. Mine were just goldfish tho and I think that is what you have also. The blocks will surely be enough for them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I saw your question and was wondering exactly where do fry GO when they go on vacation? haha!

I too think they will be just fine! Enjoy your trip!

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the filter on their container pond acted funky yesterday and just stopped working. I got it to work again but now I'm also worrying about that while I'm gone. If I throw in an airstone too, will that keep them alive a few days if the filter goes out?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you are only going to be gone a few days I think aeration will be fine for that short of a time. If tho you are going to spend time on your vacation worrying about them then perhaps just for your peace of mind you might ask someone to keep an eye on them. Would have to be someone who knows what to do in case of a problem tho.

Ask a Question