Fry Updates from 5/1/13

Reaction score
They are all two months old now but The Metallic GinRin fry seem to be taking a strong hold.

I am Not culling, I am only separating them at t his time to give the potential kohaku fry a chance to catch up.

I eventually want to be able to clear one of the four sections out to release the larger fry in, but the small ones are way to hard to catch. I could barely catch the 1 - 1 1/2 inch ones.

I'll post the video a.s.a.p. I thought it was copied in memory but apparently not.
I'll post the development on this thread from now on.

Reaction score
Okay, hope I have it this time.

Sorry about my filming skills. I do the best I can. I can't even see the screen when I'm recording,
got bad eyes.

Reaction score
This is what they are looking like now.

Hard to see them good, but there are a few keepers.

Reaction score
Very similar to Shiusui also. Difference their is Shisui is flat based color and these are more metallic I believe.

Reaction score
You can see what these guys are going look like now.

They are 12 weeks old and are showing their differences. Now you can see, doitsu, kohaku, ginrin, butterfly, kikokuryu, yamabuki, kujaku etc. These are only from the brick pond. When you have a group spawning you really can't culled them for type(variety). But I really like a lot of them. Good thing I only have about 200 to go thru.

Oh, and another 50 - 100 from Mike and another 50 in the main pond.

I think you have to be an expert to cull and 6 - 8 weeks.

Reaction score
These are the fry that I'm keeping until Spring. Think it came out to about 60. There were 20 in main pond I'm keeping. Got about 20 out of the main pond to sell and 40 from the brick fry pond. There are a few in main pond that I would sell but got tired of trying to catch them.

Enjoy

Sold 7 large koi (12-13 inch) to compensate keeping the babies. He got a deal $550.00 but the heard had to be thinned.

Ask a Question