Fungus

Reaction score
My pond is 1 year old. 5600 Gal. pH, Phosphoris , ammonia and nitrates OK. Am using ProForm C for the second day today. The directions suggest that a third or half of the water should be changed during the treatment time. Is this water exchange necessary? Is this treatment usually successful? With well balanced water, where does the fungus come from and is it usually a recurring problem? Jimbo

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Is this fungus on fish or are you talking algae or something else .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
What is OK? It doesn't help at all to give ok if we don't know what your dealing with from the start. fungus is usually caused when water conditions drop well below ideal or ok. most common times you'll find fungus is during start up in the spring, in the fall when the filter is still running but the biological activity is dying back because pond temps are starting to drop below 50 degrees. If you don't do the water changes as directed you can easily over dose with proform-C. Also doing a water change will also gice relief of the pond water as a good prtion of the nitrates, and nitrites that start building when using proform are causing. Keep in mind the medication is killing living fungus, as it;s killed it's broken down just like fish waste and it needs to be removed from the system just as the waste does.

Ask a Question