funny story

Reaction score
Country
United States
About seven years ago I had my small pond I have now and shut it down and just let it sit, no filter, no oxygen, and as green as almost black and about 50gals of water. Didn't mess with it for about 7 months and one day decide to pull up and fill the hole. To my surprise I had missed 2 goldfish that had grown about 2 to 3 Inches in that time. The water was black, they only had a 2 by 2 ft section they lived in, leaves, algae as thick as pea soup and no oxygen and no real food. Lived Like that for 7 months and now I have clear water, levels good and feed well and sometimes they die...go figure.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Yep goldfish are a weird bunch... The paradox the of pet fish world because I had a set of 6 I put in my turtle pond (the 17cent each variety) and I was sure the turtles ate them all so never tried that again but now my turtles live with 4 6 inch goldfish so six of the 8 survived yet I got 10 goldfish to put in my second pond (no turtles) and they all 10 died within a week... So yes they are the less than perfect dna group of the fish world.

Ask a Question