Gable top Birdhouse

B

Burd

I’ve seen some homes with a bird house up in the top of a gable, I need some kind of a cedar tone on my west side of the house to tie in with the rest of the cedar I put on as accents. so I made this birdhouse. Not sure if I’ll put a dowel under each hole. One last fit, then I’ll stain the front and re install. Anyone on here have one on their house?

Attachments

• 7ABBD28E-8231-4D0B-B0FE-8D1F19ADF464.jpeg
    7ABBD28E-8231-4D0B-B0FE-8D1F19ADF464.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 47
B

Burd

I hope some birds can keep warm this winter as well as a nice nesting place

Attachments

• 4D0F274F-0367-4F30-A78D-6DB26DA4E07C.jpeg
    4D0F274F-0367-4F30-A78D-6DB26DA4E07C.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 22
B

Burd

I didn’t put a dowel rod by each hole, ya think I should have?

Last edited by a moderator:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ear hole, you mean entrance hole? If so a perch might have been nice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ear hole, you mean entrance hole? If so a perch might have been nice.
Geez, @j.w ; being cruel to fish? Why would you put one up so near the top of the roof; don't you know how much wind that area gets, esp in Michigan winters????
:rolleyes:

smilie sword twirl.gif

B

Burd

It’s gotta be better that sleeping on the roof. in the winter the birds gather together to sleep,and keep warm. They can sleep on the bottom. the hole is above
*each hole

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Geez, @j.w ; being cruel to fish? Why would you put one up so near the top of the roof; don't you know how much wind that area gets, esp in Michigan winters????
:rolleyes:

View attachment 143728
Fish? Have you been tipping the bottle @brokensword?
I keep forgetting to post the queen thingy. Sure wish there was a way to make it stick!

1636062786818.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fish? Have you been tipping the bottle @brokensword?
I keep forgetting to post the queen thingy. Sure wish there was a way to make it stick!

View attachment 143738
YOU made a comment, something about putting fish up there, a perch, I think, so don't go looking at me tipping any bottle, missy! Might want to double check that cellar and make sure nothing's missing!!

yeah, I got my lil twirly knight on the desktop; sorta getting used to c/ping now. Maybe Ian will take pity on us poor gpf-ers and add the necessary code!

here it comes...
smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a woman years ago ask me to make a Japanese kobota bird house . i knew nothing about bird houses or birds. but what i learned was that the size of the hole the size and height of the space weather the hole is at the top of a 12 inch deep area or if it is 4 inches from the bottom weather the hole had a stick or not all mattered for the breed . good luck it made me dizzy . i wish i had a photo of it it was pretty cool.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to fix some of my bird houses, starting to fall apart. Going to make some more this winter, maybe lol I have 100 out there.

Ask a Question