Galvanized Steel Stock Tank FRY TANK

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have a galvanized steel stock tank I want to turn into a tank for my fry koi. I have a larger pond they can go into once they get of size.

Due to the zinc toxicity I'm needing to make sure I set this up correctly. I don't want to epoxy because it seems like too big of a job and I already have all the materials needed for lining the stock tank.

How would I go about doing this? Can I simply throw the liner in and wrap something around the edges? Or am I going to need to glue down pieces to keep in place (what type of glue would be needed)? Any step by step how to would be greatly appreciated. Thank you a lot!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you aren't worried about the look, then yes. Just toss the liner in and secure it to the top. The weight of the water will keep it in place.

I'm curious why the fry can't just grow up in the pond?

Deepfork

Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone

I have a galvanized steel stock tank I want to turn into a tank for my fry koi. I have a larger pond they can go into once they get of size.

Due to the zinc toxicity I'm needing to make sure I set this up correctly. I don't want to epoxy because it seems like too big of a job and I already have all the materials needed for lining the stock tank.

How would I go about doing this? Can I simply throw the liner in and wrap something around the edges? Or am I going to need to glue down pieces to keep in place (what type of glue would be needed)? Any step by step how to would be greatly appreciated. Thank you a lot!

I put a liner in mine...used a ratchet strap on the rim it works great. Here is the thread with pics.

Ask a Question