garden bridge

Reaction score
I am getting ready to put a unfinished cedar garden bridge across my pond.My question is if I stain it will I have to worry about the stain after it is dried that rain would put that in the water or harm the fish in any way

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think there was one on here that had a cedar fence near there pond and it turned the water,it could have been turtle mommy but not sure .I just remember it saying no one warned me .I put a salt treated bridge over my pond .The wood is salt treated instead of pressure treated and I left it natural .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am getting ready to put a unfinished cedar garden bridge across my pond.My question is if I stain it will I have to worry about the stain after it is dried that rain would put that in the water or harm the fish in any way

I just built a bridge over my pond back in may, it was made from poplar board that they sell for fencing. I chose not to stain it and let it go natural. It is now almost gray and by next spring should look like it has been here for years which was the look I was going for.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Depends on wether you want it to look rustic or formal .But use water based stain and not oil .

Ask a Question