Garden Pond Forum Upgrade Complete

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The main part of the garden pond forum upgrade is now complete, all of the software has been updated to the latest version :)

There are still a few tweaks to be made (such as the button colours from blue to green), but most of the work is done. Some users may find they need to re-create their avatar, as some of the default forum ones have been updated. This can be done in the User Control panel.

Later in the week there will be some more news about 2 new site moderators :D. I just need to get some behind the scenes work done and then this will be in place.

Hope you all like the changes :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for pointing that out :) I'll fix it now!

edit : Now done, might need to refresh to see it.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
is therer a way you could set up a 'forum' for instructional threads like filter building and such that cant be responded to? i will be building a new filter setup for my basement pond, "skippy" style ; on my last one there is 5 pages of jibberish about where to get the filter pads. i thought i might do one for this filter with better detailed instructions and pics..easy to follow. and it would be nice for future interested parties to not have to sort thru the mayhem. the original poster the only one who could still post on it in case he was to think of other details, or improvements etc..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
koiguy1969 said:
is therer a way you could set up a 'forum' for instructional threads like filter building and such that cant be responded to? i will be building a new filter setup for my basement pond, "skippy" style ; on my last one there is 5 pages of jibberish about where to get the filter pads. i thought i might do one for this filter with better detailed instructions and pics..easy to follow. and it would be nice for future interested parties to not have to sort thru the mayhem. the original poster the only one who could still post on it in case he was to think of other details, or improvements etc..

Do you mean like an articles section, where there can be step by step instructions on how to perform common things? Or more like a project forum, where a user can create a project log of their pond (or performing a task)? :)

I'll be happy to set one up if :D

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i was thnking of like constructon of DIY items like filters etc.. yes, just so the original poster is the only one who can post on their thread... any thing that could use detailed instruction. strictly a learning section. ...THANX...YOU DA MAN!!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Looks good Ian...
It is a lot faster, and set up better. Great job
I wish you could bring the color up on the screen to make the letters stand out

Ask a Question