Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As many of you know, a few months ago we launched a sister site to this one - Gardening Forums

There have been a few people from this site who have joined, but the forums have not had much momentum and have become quite quiet recently. We would love for Gardening Forums to become a great resource with a lively forum like this one, and so we are looking for some ideas on useful additions or features.

An idea I've had so far is to have a list of gardening jobs for the month - this could be in the form of an article, or a reminder list that is emailed to all members, or a topic within the forum that people can contribute to. However a major problem with this would be that members are spread far and wide, and advice that would be relevant in, say, Texas would not be useful in the UK.

Does anyone here have any ideas or suggestions of what you would like to see there?

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
You might think of folding most of the forums like lawns, fruit, etc into a single gardening forum. That would at least make it seem a little more active. Split into forums once the volume is there and you'd also know what topics have the interest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love the idea of having a topic or some sticky's for what needs to be done in the garden and when to do it. Maybe instead of doing it by season or month, you could do it by temerature. For example if you should divide perenials at a certain time list it by outside temperature or frost date, etc. That way it will be more universal info. Also, I think the forum all in all is great! I think as more people come across it it will get bigger like this one. It's the only forum for gardening I have found that is really easy to navigate through topics, etc. And as more people find it I'm sure it'll become their favorite too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks very much for the feedback! There are some good ideas there. Anyone else?

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I like the forum, but I think it is going to take time to get it going.

Some topics that we discuss in the garden pond forum could technically be put over in the gardening forum, there is some blending of the two. Ie: we have talked about our yards and shown pics of perennials in threads in this forum.

Maybe some of us regulars just need to do a better job at discussing those topics in that forum and not here.

Is there a way that maybe we could call it out better in this forum, say on the main forum page?

Those that have a showcase here could come up with a showcase over there and link it in our signatures.

We could also do more to get it going.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ryan there is a link on the home page of this forum, under members area and it will take you to that site. As long as you have your settings so it remembers your password and username it will log you in automatically as well.

Ask a Question