Honored and Proud to have been chosen Aquascapes DIY pond of the year for 2023. 12,000 Gallon...

Large KOI pond with a Wetland filter, Negative edge and an intake bay. Start to finish, Building, Maintaining and expanding / seaming . https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=687652723148180
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Love having all the build details in one place. The arc of the story and conversation is fun to follow in the build thread, but having this version makes following the progress and learning the lessons much faster/easier.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
tHANKS @combatwombat The recent events with off topic and looking back at the blog it adds a lot of time going through seeing whats build and what's a repetitive question or comment. So even though this is not exactly small which was my biggest fear , that it would be too much but that's why it's separation the way it is so if your looking at how to set boulders or liner that there is a section.

As you know my text is not exactly the easiest to follow AT TIMES but i tried with the showcase

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. @combatwombat is never going to live this down.... I DO BELIEVE IT'S THE ONE YEAR ANIVERSARY is it not................

hey in all fairness i suppose.........{having a nice moment here}....... i did my BUILD at two different times a year between them ... he went all out from the start............. then again he finds Wurdle more interesting than turtles, fish and humming birds

Last edited:

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
finds Wurdle more interesting than turtles, fish and humming birds
Like you, I don’t even know what the hell that is, I’ll just stay in my own redneck lane

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One year anniversary of breaking ground was in November. :ROFLMAO:
Oh man ...... Are we heading for two year completion date? I'm starting to think your wishing you never started this...... Get some water, fish and wildlife IN THE POND and you'll see why it was worth it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh man ...... Are we heading for two year completion date? I'm starting to think your wishing you never started this...... Get some water, fish and wildlife IN THE POND and you'll see why it was worth it.

Had some big rain storms the last few days and the pond is almost full again. No matter.. still have to drain the stupid thing again!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Had some big rain storms the last few days and the pond is almost full again. No matter.. still have to drain the stupid thing again!
Let her run, enjoy it a little , even if you know you have more to do get a feel for the set up what needs a tweek here or there. get a feel for the volume of the falls etc.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, you have created such an amazing pond! I can’t believe how natural it looks.

Thank you for providing so much detailed information, I have already printed out your supplies list as a general reference to my own and some other info you have provided throughout your post.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If anyone has any ideas as to what they would like to see more information on, or that was not mentioned. Let me know. i'd like to make this a well rounded helpful post so mistakes made by others are shared and hopefully prevent others from making them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow, you have created such an amazing pond! I can’t believe how natural it looks.

Thank you for providing so much detailed information, I have already printed out your supplies list as a general reference to my own and some other info you have provided throughout your post.
That's why i put this together when i was building my pond it was more videos that gave me my information and a tidbit here and there. So i'm glad you have found it to be helpful.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @Koiboy955 not sure when it's all finaly done if I'll be happy or if I'll come up with how about this or that. I'm reducing my matrix bog now I want more elevation for the water fall its so lost . And I thought maybe where I ordered my bog liner and it was short that all the seaming I did with folds I thought were impossible to water proof . Once I started demo I didn't find and wet areas at the seems . So I'm not sure where the leak was. They say it's usualy at the falls or skimmer well I know it's not the skimmer and I've seen nothing at the falls . Onward.
I will say I am amazed the small pea stone bog has kept the pond pristine even though the flow to the pond has been reduced by a third. This was taken last night

Attachments

• 20220405_210604.jpg
    20220405_210604.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Country
United States
~ ! ~ MIND BLOWN ~ ! ~ Your pond and the way you landscaped in/around it is nothing short of amazing. Those pitcher plants—OMG! And Hobbit Falls… the moss… the tree trunks… The work you put into this made my body and brain hurt simultaneously, lol. Congratulations on your masterpiece and thank you for sharing all the build details and photos.

Ask a Question