G'day

Reaction score
G'day,

Im Darren, from QLD Australia. I am the proud owner of 2 ponds and a connecting stream. It was a lot of hard work, time and money but I found I've really enjoyed it and water gardening as a whole.

Figured this would be a great place to chat with fellow pond and fish enthusiasts.

Pics coming soon.
Cheers-
Dazz

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Welcome to the forum! Since you guys are always upside down I've always wondered what keeps the water from falling out. I guess I'll find out soon...

Reaction score
Pictures, as promised.

These are a few weeks old now, I've since removed the row of lights either side of the stream as I felt it was a little too much.
I have also added a number of new water plants, more rocks in the stream and more habitat for the fish in the way of small branches and rocks. I've also placed lights along the path and along the fence at the back of the garden.

My next project will be to make a Shishi-odoshi (Japanese water hammer) that will go on the edge of the lower pond(Where the hut is) and I also want to add some waterside and marginal plants.

If anyone is interested, the ponds and stream were dug by hand (very hard work considering the ground is hard compacted rock and clay), the bridge was made by myself and my dad, as was the hut.

Each pond has around 7-9 fish from memory, they are Shubunkins, comets, pacific blue eye,Calico Ryukin and another species that I cant remember the name of.

Questions and comments are more than welcome.

Cheers-
Dazz

Attachments

• qnjma1.jpg
    qnjma1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 219qdn4.jpg
    219qdn4.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 202
  • riw5zl.jpg
    riw5zl.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 243
  • sy71uc.jpg
    sy71uc.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 226
  • v4nt4h.jpg
    v4nt4h.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 23r2793.jpg
    23r2793.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 30wbm39.jpg
    30wbm39.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
oh that thing is so cool imma have to make me one of those i already have a hose draining out of my mini bog that i could run through it should be piece of cake

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dazz I love your setup mate really well finished and most interesting especially the Japanese water hammer.
Have you ever thought of adding jappanese water chains perhaps making them yourself.
John thay could be a project for you too check out the following link to give you an idea what I'm om about :-

http://www.rainchainsuperstore.com/Home.html

rgrds

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the lizard! Great looking pond you have there.

Ask a Question