Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You all remember our new kitchen redo
DSC07742.JPG

DSC07749.JPG

Brand new highly rated by all consumer testing facilities , consumers report etc. GE induction stove.

Not cheap either.
We started using it mid February, May 9th it broke, after not showing up a few times with us waiting in the house for a 8-5 service window, it was finally fixed, May 20th, it broke again May 30th.

We had 4 no shows since May 30th, finally the tech arrives orders parts, parts arrive, 2 more no shows, finally tech shows up, wrong parts sent by GE. Another appointment for service now scheduled for 7/9/15

Long story short, we have been with out a stove for 2 months one week minus 9 days. I have climbed the complaint ladder you get to customer escalation department then hit a brick wall, they will not give you a supervisor a manager a contact .

If anybody has a way of finding the service managers info send it to me.

NEVER will we buy anything made by GE again, NEVER

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
How frustrating.
That's one reason why we went with natural gas, it's very hard to get any service people out here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh I'm sorry to hear. That is frustrating!! We couldn't live without our stove (gas) becaue we decided not to get a microwave. So if our stove broke we would be eating out or only grill!!!

My husband control the kitchen and what goes in it and we were going to get that GE professional stove suff but glad we didn't!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How frustrating.
That's one reason why we went with natural gas, it's very hard to get any service people out here.
We have no natural gas here.
So if our stove broke we would be eating out or only grill!!!
I have been cooking out in the rain on the grill, don't cook much in the microwave. We had bought a cheap home depot grill, that luckily had one side burner on it. We can't eat out a lot with his sugar issues.
My husband control the kitchen and what goes in it and we were going to get that GE professional stove suff but glad we didn't!
What irritates me is I researched for a week, for the best induction stove, it was rated the best.

When it works it is unreal how fast and well it cooks, but since it broke it is worthless...............
I have to heat gallons of water to feed the bees for winter, it will heat a large pot to boiling in two minutes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Hey Addy! I'm kinda new to your kitchen remodel, but just wanted to say it looks AMAZING! We will be embarking on one ourselves at some point, it's great to know your experiences regarding your GE Induction (although, what you are going through really, really stinks!)

Sadly, I don't have anything helpful to add, other than maybe reaching out for help on Gardenweb (now part of Houzz)? Their Kitchens forum is my go-to for kitchen advice, and they also have an Appliances forum that may have someone that can help:

Kitchens forum: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchbath
Appliances forum: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/appl

Also, as a last resort, have you considered an independent appliance repair person? I know you shouldn't have to, considering how new your stove is, but if you can't cook at all, maybe it is something to consider. Did you happen to purchase the stove using a card that offers any consumer protection?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I can't imagine life without natural gas, lol.
We have an induction hotplate and love it, but I bought it from a commercial restaurant supply store.
I use it for cooking during the summer mainly.
It sounds like you just got a lemon. Manufactured on a Monday or a Friday.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Addy, what exactly "broke?" Did it just not work or was there something specific wrong?

We have all GE appliances in our kitchen EXCEPT the cook top, which is Jenn Air. So far (knock on wood -- oh, that's my head.....) no major problems with anything, and all appliances have lived out thier expected life-times. When we have had to call someone out, there have been no issues with service. We just use local repair services, but ones that are certified for GE stuff. Our most recent replacement was for the 20+ y/o oven (we have an oven and separate cook top). That's been within the past year -- knock on wood, again! Ouch!

Your kitchen re-do is so fantastic, it's a shame that something like this has to spoil it!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
You all remember our new kitchen redoView attachment 83403

View attachment 83404

Brand new highly rated by all consumer testing facilities , consumers report etc. GE induction stove.

Not cheap either.
We started using it mid February, May 9th it broke, after not showing up a few times with us waiting in the house for a 8-5 service window, it was finally fixed, May 20th, it broke again May 30th.

We had 4 no shows since May 30th, finally the tech arrives orders parts, parts arrive, 2 more no shows, finally tech shows up, wrong parts sent by GE. Another appointment for service now scheduled for 7/9/15

Long story short, we have been with out a stove for 2 months one week minus 9 days. I have climbed the complaint ladder you get to customer escalation department then hit a brick wall, they will not give you a supervisor a manager a contact .

If anybody has a way of finding the service managers info send it to me.

NEVER will we buy anything made by GE again, NEVER

Where did you buy your range Addy? Store, address, plus range model number, serial number, purchase date. Here is service company, their address, etc. Do you have an extended warranty? I want to do research. All information will come to you for action.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had that problem with my lg and went to consumer affairs saying they tried 4 times to fix it so they agreed to replace it with the same or another brand .Home depot helped a lot and I got a fridgadaire double oven convection glass top range that actually cost more than the lg but home depot absorbed the extra cost and I got the extra burners with the new one .I love it and give home depot credit .Even when I ordered my lawn mower there was a mess up and a freight truck showed up with it at my house (I don't have a loading dock dummies ) home depot had it delivered to the store and unboxed it and filled it with gas and delivered it to my home and showed me how it worked and brought an extra 5 gallon can of gas .I was really impressed with there customer care

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey Addy! I'm kinda new to your kitchen remodel,
this is the whole thread on it if you are interested. Our kitchen was from 1973 or something like that.

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/kitchen-redo-good-winter-project.16305/
Also, as a last resort, have you considered an independent appliance repair person?
GE sent a independent repair person, authorized to do repairs for GE, he walked in, asked what all had happened, i.e. he came for the second break. He called his person, they said to not touch it. He left.

I will check out the forums you posted about. Thanks

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, what exactly "broke?" Did it just not work or was there something specific wrong?
First break the error code was total failure, he replaced the primary computer/heating induction stuff under the glass top, and the generator and one other part. $2000 in parts

The second break 9 days later, the error code was non specific, it could be 4 different components, so he order the same primary computer stuff and some other stuff. The repair person that FINALLY came, said the parts were wrong. He ordered more and left, the first repair person will, hopefully be here, thursday next week.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will gather the info and send it to you Lou, we bought it from a well rated on line store, saving over $800.00 dollars and we have a five year extended warranty. I did use my discover card I will call them and see if they can help (discover card loves us, it is our primary card)

Ask a Question