Geez, I know, Another newbie...me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Unfortunatley, it was a monetary convience. Digging even a small pond, then lining it, and all the potential bad things that could happen cuz I have no idea what Im doing made a preform a logical answer for me. I will deal with getting it right, it gives me something to do. Worse case scenerio! The preform fails and I have a lovely fitted hole for a liner already there, right? (I hope?) lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I should have left mine in for plants but didn't .This is where it used to be so it may have been the problem .

Attachments

• all around 7-14-15 064.JPG
    all around 7-14-15 064.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 204

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It kept heaving and decided to only do the bigger pond on the other side of the front porch .Plus mom was sick at that time and had to go see her in Danville several times a week .Which is around 35 minutes away .Got the new liner in and before the front porch was completely done and one of the workers dropped a piece of deck board into the pond and punctured the liner big time .I was not a happy person .1500 gallon pond gone and went a little bigger to 2000 gallons and then went to just about 3000 gallons and now at a little over 5000 gallons and this is the last one for me .pondless next time :);)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Hahaha! Never big enough it seems! Well, for my own pocketbook, I will stick with my little 30 gal prefab and make it (I hope) as perfect as what makes me happy. Mine cant ever be removed unless I want gutters (uggh no thanks), so I will take advantage of mother nature as she provides it for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Well, I know what expanding feels like. i found this pic of trying to control the runoff from my roof and a 3 gallon rain chain pot was all I had at the time. Now its expanded to 30 gallon pond.
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Uggh, and I brought that pot inside during the winter and put 4 goldfish in it and they thrived in the muck while I changed out 2/3 of their water every 2 weeks plus they had an aerator. They survived that, they can pretty much survive anything.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had three preforms they are all gone now. Here in cold country the ground freezes the small ponds freeze, the preform sinks, the preform cracks.
I kept them for around 3 years then dug out made a bit bigger and put in liners.

They do make nice ponds, but have a few issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
i am in upstate CA and although we get some snow and freeze, I hope it wont be bad enough to deform the pond. i suppose I will find out over the next few years. We have mild or very nasty colds. Kinda reminds me of growing up in LA where you would never expect a bad winter but its always a crap shoot, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I live only about 30 miles from a mountain so volcanic rocks litter the landscape everywhere. They are quite large but people speak of volcanic rock all the time as a medium in ponds. Do I have a lucky free resource and if so, why?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Geeze we have a gnome lover and colleen is a fairy person .I keep getting gnomed .They left 2 in my garden down front .My neighbor got flamingoed 12 pink flamingo's in his front yard .Wish I had taken a pic but did not have my camera .When I went back he had already taken them down :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Geeze we have a gnome lover and colleen is a fairy person .I keep getting gnomed .They left 2 in my garden down front .My neighbor got flamingoed 12 pink flamingo's in his front yard .Wish I had taken a pic but did not have my camera .When I went back he had already taken them down :)
Haha, too funny! My hubby is a gnome guy as is his brother, so for xmas every year, enjoy buying him funny gnomes.

Ask a Question