Gemma's babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
These are the 5 koi I relocated to the new pond! I wish the pics were better but you can get an idea
The 2 smallest ones are 1yr old, the other three are 3yrs olds, one can easily guess which one is the female :)....her name is Gaia, she is a Kin Kikokuryu and it is amazing how she has changed from plane dull orange and gray, to the beautiful (pics don't do her justice) metallic 4 color koi.

You probably figured by now that I'm not interested in show koi, my absolute devotion lays in the ornamental especially metallic type of koi

spring 2019d (2).jpg

Spring2019 (2).jpg

spring2019c (2).jpg

spring2019e (2).jpg

spring2019f (2).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks!
smthanks.gif

We still have a lot of work to do before I can relax and enjoy it, but at least we were able to put a temporary mesh cover over it and keep the fish safe.
I started this thread to follow the fish growth :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I know nothing about Koi and when I see some that look pretty that's fine w/me and yours look very pretty @Gemma View attachment 120481
Thanks, that's how I see it too! :)
Beautiful fish :love:
Thank you! I have 6 other babies in there, Sunny, Angel and Sky are the 3 I quarantined indoor for 8 weeks, and then the few I bought last Fall...they were happily swimming around and as soon as I added the 5 from the other pond, they went hiding....I see them every once in a while but they don't even come out when I feed. I wish they came out, but then the frog might eat them
smbinoculars.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma. They are so beautiful. Good luck! I just ordered 5 tosais. I'm getting them on Monday.
Thank you! I'm hoping to take better pics someday. :)
How exciting it is to be waiting for the arrival of new fish huh?
I'm done doing that, I have 20 koi and 2 shubbies, and I think 11 fish x pond is the very max I want to have

The very last fish I purchased is a blue Kujaku I decided to try thanks to you posting about yours
I named him/her Sky, you can see why

Sky.jpg

Ask a Question