Genealogy

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have any of you done a genealogy trace of your family? Did you use online resources, or did you hire a professional? Did you feel confident in the results?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My grandma did one, years and years ago. Not sure how she did it. I know the dna tests have options to track family relationships.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I was adopted, did a dna test through Ancestry and made a tree and after a few years I finally found out who my birth father was through a very close match of a niece that popped up finally! I had found out many years ago before all of this dna stuff who my birth mother was but she was not much help in finding out who my father was. I found my mother by looking through a phone book as my adopted mother knew her name. So I went through this phone book and by luck I found a guy who said he might have some info on that name. One day another guy called up and said my birth mother was his adopted sister. So my mother was also adopted and I had to find out who her birth family was and on it went till I finally did that also. I did find out way back then tho that I had a half sister and we are very close now and she moved near me here several years ago. I never got to meet my father as he died in the Rapid City flood in South Dakota in 1972. I met my birth mother once. Lets just say she had issues. I'm so glad I found my half sister through all of this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mozzzika

Latest Threads