General Rants

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Thought it might be good to have a thread dedicated to civil ranting about this or that. Please - No rants about politics, world events, religion, nationalities, race or people, This is not a place for angry debates or vendettas. Absolutely no foul language. If you have a feeling you shouldn't go public with a rant then you are probably correct.

Let's prove to each other we can complain or comment about something while acting like adults. Sometimes we can learn from others rants. Such as a better way to do something, better sources or better outlooks. I think you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Our towns large Ace Harward closed and True Value closes at 5:30, closed on Sunday. What's left are three Walmarts, a Lowes and two Home Depots.

Needed a pint of premixed brown. Should be easy to find right? Nope. Can buy a quart but that's about $9 and far too much paint for my small project The paint fellow at Lowes told me to pick out a brown from their color cards and he will mix me up a sample jar for $2.98. Good customer services. In these big box stores finding the little, simple items are now a chore and takes far too much time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What gets me is how expensive paint is .I could remember when I would go to Rickles in NJ and get a gallon of white ceiling paint for 4.99 and now you are lucky to get it for under 25 dollars .Lowes and home depot stain for mmy decks and carport 32 dollars a gallon and the 5 gallon which is not 5 gallons any more is 119 dollars and then they don't sell the base coat for the darker stain I bought just this past fall .What the heck how am I supposed to finish the front porch floor .They told me I could special order it and it would be 155 dollars for the not 5 gallon can .Don't get me into gutters .Needed brown gutters for guest house back and can only special order it but it is 80 ft of gutters .I need 24 ft .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My rant...............SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW,SNOW go away. I have so much on the ground. When I built my pond I started in march, this year I do not think I will even open it up never mind build one. My pond is 3ft deep and I have a lot more snow above ground then the depth of the pond

Channel01_20150216101416_664.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My rant: We bought our house 20 years ago. Right off the bat had drains backup through my kitchen sink all over my lower cabinets. This was an ongoing thing, had RotoRooter out at least 3 times at $100 a call. He told me to just pour Drano down my drains once a month. 2 years ago they replaced all of our gas lines on our street and came out to mark off sewer lines. I noticed my neighbor didn't have her yard marked off. I asked the guy doing the marking why and he told me her sewer line is tapped in to mine. He said back when they built these houses, that was not uncommon. My house is pre 1900. I called the city about having her line cut off of mine and they said unless the owner of that house would agree (he's a slum lord) I would have to take him to court. I can't just have their line cut off even though it's on my property. The whole ordeal would be in the thousands for court and excavators.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Time to sell @Sunshine

We have a love/hate relationship w/Comcast. When it is working it works well but it doesn't work quite often especially for what they charge you. It shut down again last night. Does that at least once per month and some times once a week.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no rant I love century link internet 14.99 a month unlimited phone calls for free .Transfers house phone to cell phone if I want on certain numbers that call like my son or family in case of emergency .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't know of anyone with cable service that hasn't gotten the raw end of a deal. Back when AT&T first got into the Internet business they sent two young guys in a beat up pickup truck to install our web service. These fella's had their installation instructions written in pencil on the back of an old envelope. I was very impressed. o_O

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have cable from chatmoss cable but it is fiber optic and I love it .5 tv's hooked to it and 57 dollars a month and with showtime and hbo which hubby watches but not me .I like history channel and garden and house shows .I hate direct tv and dish tv they are rip offs .I had them until chatmoss ran lines down my street .Now I get local channels and not all those stupid music channels and so far in a year it has not gone out once .Electric did for an hour so no power ,no cable .

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Our kitchen ceiling began leaking rain water through a small crack. After much investigation, contractor visits, theories, lies, half truths, missed appointments, estimates, vague promises, demolition, property damage and the hemorrhaging of thousand of dollars - we replaced a crumbling old chimney with a shiny new one. Unfortunately we used all the money saved for a bathroom remodel as a result. The joys of home ownership!
image.jpg

Our kitchen ceiling is still a mess...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I hate being cold called on our phone even though we have call barring, have registered our phone with Telephone preferance service "which is put in place to stop these calls", and are ex-directory, basically our details get sold on to commercial organizations by non other than local councils and because they request your phone number on all official forms "well enough said" :mad:

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question