j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Need to whip this planet back into shape! I can't really do any whipping but I can pray and vote for the candidate of my choice to try and make it great.

Reaction score
I hate being ripped off for food. If you go to a fair or amusement park you will pay three times as much as you would at a restaurant. Why? Their overhead is lower so the only reason is that people are trapped and they know it.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I hate being ripped off for food. If you go to a fair or amusement park you will pay three times as much as you would at a restaurant. Why? Their overhead is lower so the only reason is that people are trapped and they know it.
Much the same as putting gas in the vehicle! They can charge whatever they want, and you have no choice!! :mad:
John

Reaction score
Much the same as putting gas in the vehicle! They can charge whatever they want, and you have no choice!! :mad:
John
Yep and why is it that every station in town charges the same price. Driving a few miles and I can get it 20 cents less a gallon. Same brand same same octane. Prices go up in an hour but they haven't taken delivery of any new fuel. There is a storm in some far off country, good enough reason to raise the price.

Reaction score
John

Actually we do have choices, but most of are just too lazy or cheap to make them.
(eg; electric cars, using bio-fuel alternatives, riding your bicycle, etc...)
I know one guy who gets free used oil from restaurants to fuel his diesel Jeta. He's been doing this for for than 8 years and had driven back and forth across Canada a few times, so it's well past being just an experiment.

Ask a Question