sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Flashing here and in NJ has to be metal and stair stepped down chimneys .Do they actually allow that there .

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
I hate being cold called on our phone even though we have call barring, have registered our phone with Telephone preferance service "which is put in place to stop these calls", and are ex-directory, basically our details get sold on to commercial organizations by non other than local councils and because they request your phone number on all official forms "well enough said" :mad:

Dave
We have the same here. Very aggravating.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Flashing here and in NJ has to be metal and stair stepped down chimneys .Do they actually allow that there .
That flashing IS metal and stair stepped down the chimney. Look closely. It's brown metal, stair stepped into the structure. My complaint is the price and reliability of experienced masons...

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I hate being cold called on our phone even though we have call barring, have registered our phone with Telephone preferance service "which is put in place to stop these calls", and are ex-directory, basically our details get sold on to commercial organizations by non other than local councils and because they request your phone number on all official forms "well enough said" :mad:

Dave
We feel your pain. We did away with our landline phone five years ago and only have cellular service now - much less telemarketers now. (y)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
AARP, I don't want it cuz I choose not to. They don't get the drift of that and keep sending it after I told them to stop. So they will now get the old prepaid envelope they send ya stuffed full of junk!
They start that stream of junk mail to all Americans, immediately upon turning 50 yrs. old and never stop! :confused:

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get annoyed from receiving automated calls. Especially from bill collectors trying to reach someone who used to have the phone number that is now mine.

I also don't like calling customer support and having to speak with someone who doesn't speak English very well. Now that's frustrating :banghead:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Our kitchen ceiling began leaking rain water through a small crack. After much investigation, contractor visits, theories, lies, half truths, missed appointments, estimates, vague promises, demolition, property damage and the hemorrhaging of thousand of dollars - we replaced a crumbling old chimney with a shiny new one. Unfortunately we used all the money saved for a bathroom remodel as a result. The joys of home ownership!
View attachment 78486

Our kitchen ceiling is still a mess...
Seeing masonry is my business & specialty I feel your pain about getting a good one. I get most of my jobs just because I actually show up to the appointment. I am not trying to knock the job but that flashing job could still leak. The corners are not wrapped correctly. Also they can lift in the wind. Lead flashing is more commonly used around here. On a side note your homeowners insurance should pay for the ceiling damage, at least around here they will.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It didn't look like metal and yep if you get people that can not be trusted they will take advantage .JW I got aarp and it is great we went to a restaurant that was advertised here and 30 certificate cost only 15 dollars and food was great and get discounts off hotels and gas and now any coupons at certain stores they run your card and you automatically get coupon .Went to Red Lobster and 50 dollar certificate cost 20 dollars .Gas I get 5% off and an extra 5% when I pay the credit card .Plus got consumer cellular and bill now for 2 phones is 29 dollars a month and I was spending 70 dollars with other company and I have texting .We just got one for Olive garden and it was a 50 dollar coupon that costs 25 dollars .There insurance companies are expensive compared to the one I have

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
AARP, I don't want it cuz I choose not to. They don't get the drift of that and keep sending it after I told them to stop. So they will now get the old prepaid envelope they send ya stuffed full of junk!

One would think I had been married to AARP. After not renewing they kept senting me stuff like a wacko ex would. I stopped the mailings but now receive a somewhat useful free newsletter and of course annoying pleadings by email.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We don't go out to eat much and haven't traveled except by car/camper much either. Buy all our gas from Costco and can't get consumer cell here, it won't work. We just use Straight talk for $30 a month as we can only get Verizon reception here so we just don't need AARP. Doing fine w/o it.

Ask a Question